Loading...

What Sets Us Apart

What Sets Us Apart

Schneider Funeral Directors, Inc has been a proud and family owned tradition since 1885. Our family has served families in Janesville, WI for over 5 generations with dignity and respect. We are the only Funeral Home in Janesville with convenient amenities like our private on-site crematory and on-site Life Celebration Center building. 

Our Funeral Home History - The original owners of Nelson Brothers Livery and Undertaking, which eventually became Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, were John M. Nelson and H.J. "Rash" Nelson. The home was originally located at the east end of the Court Street Bridge. After John's death, "Rash" continued the business by buying Kimball Funeral Home at 158 South Jackson. In 1930, John H. Nelson started working with his father and the name was changed to Nelson-Kimball Funeral Home. He eventually became sole owner of the business in 1942.

In 1960 Neal W. Schneider went into partnership with Nelson. After Nelson's death, two years later, Neal Schneider and his wife, Dee, took over the business. In 1972 the name of the business changed to Schneider Funeral Home, and in 1974 a new funeral home was built on East Racine Street, our current location. Currently, Neal and Dee Schneider’s grandson, Neal J. Schneider, is the owner of the funeral home.

Although the environment and the people change, Schneider Funeral Home's concept of funeral service has continued on.

"It's helping people during a very critical, very difficult period of time," said Schneider. "It's service to people that's always been the same. We know that it's a very hard time for people when there's a death, and we try to help them."

Schneider Funeral Directors
Phone: (608) 754-4444
Toll Free: (877) 754-4447
1800 East Racine Street, Janesville, WI 53547


© Schneider Funeral Directors
Crafted with care by Frazer Consultants & TA